In this activity you will:
- Learn about A.I. capabilities and applications
- Explore some examples of tools & software to explore A.I. further
- Explore some of the security & ethical implications around A.I.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence is (predominantly) the ability for a computer or machine to mimic certain types of human intelligence, such as learning, problem solving, seeing and understanding images or language etc.
Some of the different applications of A.I. includes:
- Machine Learning: technology that can learn from huge amounts of data with minimal input from humans.
- Computer Vision: technology that is able to see and understand the physical world in a similar way to us.
- Natural Language Processing: technology that understands us when we speak or write and can speak or write back to us.
Watch this workshop kindly delivered by Fire Tech
Test what you've learnt so far!
Do you know the difference between narrow AI and general AI?
Check out this AI factsheet for more information about what AI is and how it works.
Get to know all the right terms around AI!
This AI glossary can be your cheat sheet when talking about your idea.
AI and ethics
Use this worksheet to help you think about all the different ways these issues are linked.